Statement of Intent for PE Funding 2016/17
All members of staff and the Governing body believe in the importance of developing pupils’ physical competence and confidence across a range of activities. A wide range of PE is delivered to the pupils, which aims to engage and inspire all pupils. We accept responsibility for this and hope that each child will develop a love of PE and learning and acquire and develop skills and abilities.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible use of the funding might include:
– Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
– Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
– Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
– Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
– Running sport competitions or increasing pupils’ participation in school games
– Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
– Providing places for pupils on after school clubs and holiday clubs
– Pooling the additional funding with that of other schools
From September 2013, schools will be held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspector’s Handbook’ and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
One year on, Ofsted will carry out a survey reporting on the first year’s expenditure of additional funding and its impact.
Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day.
Please click here to see how the PE funding will be used in 2017/18
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to as children join our school or other difficulties or situations are encountered.